QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
1. NOTICE AT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “personal information.”
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
|Do we “sell” or “share” the category of personal information as these terms are defined in applicable privacy laws?
|Identifiers/contact information, including your first and last name, birthdate, email address, billing and shipping address, zip code, IP address, phone number, account user name and credentials, and other similar identifiers.
|Personal Information Described in , such as your payment card information.
|Protected classification characteristics under , including your date of birth or age.
|Commercial information, including items purchased, obtained, or considered, purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, and product ratings and reviews.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information about your use of the website, including the identity of the website that referred you to our website; the pages you view; the features you use; the links you click; the date and time you access the website; whether you receive, open, forward, or click-through emails and advertisements; and other usage data.
Visual information, such as when you use our virtual try-on features.
|Inferences, meaning inferences drawn from the above-listed categories of personal information to create a consumer profile reflecting consumer preferences or characterisitcs..
B. How We Use and Retain Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from and about you for various purposes, such as to provide services, process transactions, improve customer experience and engagement, and develop the website. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information if:
• We need to process your information to provide you with products or service you have requested or to enter into an agreement with you;
• You have consented to such processing;
• We have a legitimate interest for processing your data, like analytics, fraud prevention, improving the website and our business, and direct marketing; and/or
• We are legally required to process it.
We may use the personal information we collect from and about you for business purposes including but not limited to the following:
• Provide services and communicate with website and/or store visitors;
• Process transactions;
• Respond to your inquiries;
• Contact you when necessary;
• Prevent and detect fraud and abuse; and/or
• As described to you at the point of collection.
We may also use the personal information we collect from and about you for commercial purposes including but not limited to the following:
• Improve our website and your customer shopping experience;
• Targeted advertising;
• Operate the Community Stylists program; and/or
• Communicate with you by phone, text, email and/or direct mail about our products, services, and promotions.
We may store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish these tasks, unless the law permits or requires a longer period. For example, if you create an account, we may store any information associated with your account even after cancellation of your account. If you make a purchase, we will store any personal information associated with that purchase for as long as necessary to fulfill the order and process any returns.
We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. What this means in practice will vary between different types of information, and when we consider our approach we take into account ongoing business or legal needs for the information, for example in relation to tax, health and safety, and potential or actual disputes or investigations.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You ProvideWe collect personal information as listed in the above Notice at Collection from you when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you make a purchase; create an account; sign up for our email list, text messages or other communications from us; provide a product review or rating; use the virtual try on feature; or otherwise contact us, including as follows:
- Make a Purchase: Through the website and at any of our retail locations, you will be able to purchase Kendra Scott products. We may ask for your name, billing and shipping address(es), telephone number, email address, and payment card information in order to process and confirm your order and ship your item(s) to you.
- Create an Account1 Through the website, you may create an account with Kendra Scott, which can make the shopping process faster and easier. Kendra Scott will store the following information in your account, should you choose to provide it to us: your name, billing and shipping address(es), email address, phone number, birthdate, and other preferences. Kendra Scott may also store your credit card information should you chose to enable this feature. To establish an account, you will need to create a user name and a password that will allow access to the account, where you can add, delete, or change the information you have provided. If you elect to use a public computer to access your account, please remember to log out at the conclusion of your session.
- Ratings and Reviews: Through the website, you may provide a public rating or review of a product you purchased. You may be required to provide your email address or phone number when you provide a public rating or review. We will not publish your email address or phone number, but please remember that any information you may disclose in these public areas of the website becomes public information. As a result, please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
- Customer Service: If you engage with our Customer Service center by phone at 1-866-677-7023, using our virtual chat feature or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may be asked for information such as your name, email address, billing and shipping address(es), telephone number, and order number (if you have made a purchase). We use this information to assist you and address your needs.
- Sweepstakes and referral programs: When you enter one of our sweepstakes or promotions, we collect your personal information in connection with your entry. Some promotions may provide the option of referring friends, and we may collect your personal information, such as name and email address, if someone refers you to us.
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and used to collect information about your activities on the website. These cookies provide statistical data that helps us to improve our website and deliver better and more customized services.
- Pixel Tags: Pixel tags are tiny graphic images that help us analyze customer online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and advertising.
Tracking OptionsCookie and pixels enable more customized advertising and a customized experience on the website. To understand your choices for controlling your cookies and pixels, please review the information below:
- To learn more about the cookies in use on our website and to exercise your preferences for the website, use our cookie preference tool found by clicking "Manage Cookie Preferences" in our website footer.
- To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit .
- To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit .
- To opt out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see .
- On your mobile device, you can adjust your privacy and advertising settings to limit your tracking for advertising or control whether you receive more relevant advertising.
Information from Third PartiesWe may receive personal information from third-party sources, such as our business partners, marketing/advertising and analytics partners (including online advertising networks and analytics providers), social media platforms, and other companies that provide personal information about our customers such as data brokers or data aggregators.
Combination Of InformationWe may combine the personal information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us online or at one of our retail locations, information you provide when transacting with a Community Stylist, and information we automatically or passively collect, to improve our website, to personalize your in-store and online shopping experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
4. PREFERRED PROVIDERSWe may contract with Preferred Providers to perform functions related to the website and our business. Such Preferred Providers will have access to the information collected as necessary to perform their business, commercial, professional and/or technical functions for Kendra Scott.
5. OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITYKendra Scott goes to great lengths to keep financial information private and safe, and we take certain physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of all the information we collect from and about our customers and consumers. While we will use every reasonable means to help ensure the security and integrity of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
6. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACYProtecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the website to, nor do we knowingly, collect any information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
7. EUROPEAN RESIDENTSResidents of the European Economic Area have the following rights with respect to the personal information collected from and about you on the website:
- The right to request access to such personal information;
- The right to amend, delete, and/or restrict the processing of such personal information;
- In some instances, the right to object to the processing of such personal information;
- In some instances, the right to request that we export, in a structured, commonly used, machine readable, and interoperable format, and transmit to another controller, such personal information; and
- The right to withdraw, at any time, any consent to the processing of such personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com and, as a reminder, you may always log in to your account and amend the information you provided to establish your account. You also have the right to submit feedback to the applicable supervisory authority in your jurisdiction of residence.We may transfer your personal information to locations outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States. When we do, we use Standard Contractual Clauses, and some of our Preferred Providers may rely on Standard Contractual Clauses or Binding Corporate Rules to help ensure we and our Preferred Providers respect your privacy rights and protect the transfer of your personal information to the United States, where it will be processed and stored.
8. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTSDepending on your U.S. state of residence, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including:
- Right to Know: You may have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. You may have the right to access your information in a portable format.
- Right to Delete: You may have the right to delete personal information that we have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Correct: You may have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we may maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information: You may have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information, as such terms are defined in applicable privacy laws. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not sell or share your personal information with such third parties to use for their purposes, including cross-context behavioral advertising, unless you later direct us to do so.
- Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising: You may have the right to opt-out of targeted advertising. Opting out does not mean that we will no longer serve you ads, but that those ads will now longer be targeted based on your personal information. You also have the right to appeal a denial of your privacy rights set forth in this policy.
How to Submit a Request
- To submit a privacy request, please . If you are a Kendra Scott employee, independent contractor, or job applicant, please refer to the applicable privacy notice .
- To submit a request to opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information or to opt out of targeted advertising, please click on the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link in our website footer or . You may choose to enable online, where available, a universal tool that automatically communicates your opt-out preferences, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”). We will process the GPC signal as a request to opt out.
- Alternatively, to take advantage of any of these rights, you may contact us by phone at 1-866-677-7023.
Agent RequestsYou may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an “authorized agent”). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf by submitting a signed statement that gives them this authority. Kendra Scott retains the right to request confirmation directly that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention. Please to submit a privacy request as an authorized agent, or to submit an opt-out request as an authorized agent.
The terms applicable to our promotions are available in our Terms & Conditions found here under “Birthday Discount” or provided to you when you sign up. You have the right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of email communications or by contacting us using the contact information provided below under “How to Contact Us.”
If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will not be able to provide you with these benefits. The value of your personal information that we collect is reasonably related to the expenses related to the discounts and other perks that we offer.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US